Kevin H. Berry was born and raised in San Antonio. The Berry family has been in the cattle & ranching business for over 145 years. He has approximately 5,000 acres of his family's cattle and commercial hunting ranches in Bandera, Frio, and Milam counties.
After he started his professional business career as a business management consultant with an international accounting firm, Kevin left consulting to go to law school to pursue a legal career practicing real estate law. In 1989, after a few years as an associate attorney with one of the largest law firms in San Antonio, he opened his own private law practice specializing in real estate and probate law.
Private Practice / Real Estate and general business practice.
Kevin H. Berry has extensive experience in real estate and financial institutions law, and mortgage lending. He has represented Banks, Savings and Loans, and Credit Unions and has served as counsel for numerous financial institutions throughout his practice; documented multi-million dollar commercial real estate and non-real estate loans; negotiated and documented loan workouts and restructuring; and handled hundreds of real estate foreclosure matters under conventional and Tex. Const. art. XVI, § 50a(6) home equity loans.
Mr. Berry has:
- negotiated, documented, and closed residential and commercial real estate sales of all complexities;
- represented developers in subdividing, platting and restricting residential and commercial subdivisions and developing shopping centers, and office buildings;
- represented commercial and residential building contractors, property owners, in negotiating, preparing and reviewing construction contracts and related documentation;
- examined title to millions of dollars worth of commercial, residential, and farm & ranch real estate on behalf of investors of those properties;
- represented surface and mineral owners in oil and gas disputes with discovery companies;
- acted as adviser for numerous investors in farm and ranch properties;
- represented both tenants and landlords (including apartment management companies) in a wide variety of residential and commercial leasing transactions; and
- handled hundreds of foreclosures in numerous counties throughout Texas.
Insured Real Estate Closing.
Mr. Berry is a licensed Escrow Officer by the Texas Department of Insurance and Fee Attorney for Old Republic Title, authorized to close insured title closings on behalf of the company. A representative example of closings include Purchase and Sale transactions, refinance of existing debt, new loans origination, FHA, VA, and Conventional lending; for residential, commercial, and farm & ranch transactions.
Mr. Berry is experienced in the areas of business entity planning, and the formation and operation of corporations, limited l companies, partnerships, and joint ventures. He acts as general counsel for several small and mid-sized entities. These entities have both real estate and non-real estate related businesses such as real estate brokerage, development, construction, and property management; personal property leasing; retail sales; restaurant ownership and operations; insurance; roofing; and light and heavy manufacturing.
Former Municipal Judge City of Castle Hills